2017 – ongoing
European Commission, Brussels, Belgium: Evaluator and monitor on H2020 programmes.
European Wergeld Center, Oslo, Norway: Facilitator, and trainer; see ‘Conferences & Courses’ for more information and list of missions.
Eurométropole of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France: Conferencier; see ‘Conferences & Courses’ for more information and list of missions.
2014 – 2017
Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France: Pedagogical consultant, director of studies and community manager; see ‘Conferences & Courses’ for more information and list of missions.
Pedagogical supervisor for the Pestalozzi Programme, “train the trainer” training programme with 47 European countries; coordination: face-to-face training, blended learning and designing pedagogical materials.
2010 – 2017
Lead moderator of a pan-European online professional learning community: moderating an online community of practice of 1600 practitioners and educators, school leaders and Ministry of education staff.
2014 – 2018
Expert and co-author: Reference Framework of Competences for a Democratic Culture, adopted by the Conference of ministers in April 2018
General rapporteur for the Pestalozzi Programme, a teacher and “train the trainer” training programme with 47 European countries; coordination, face-to-face training, designing pedagogical materials
Trainer for the summer academies , ‘Human right in action a training programme with 30 school teams from South-East Europe (principles, teachers, and NGO representatives); Partner organisation European Wergeland Centre, (EWC)
Community of practice designer: European Wergeland Center, Norway: online professional learning community for education professionals.
2007 – 2011
Curriculum designer: Anna Lindh Foundation, Alexandria, Egypt – on religious diversity; conducted research on learning resources for cultural diversity and inter-religious dialogue.
Researcher and policy advisor at NAC/Annie E. Casey Foundation Seattle, WA, USA 2003 – 2004
- Developed and implemented strategies for the Highline school district;
- Facilitated a network of a dozen community leader organizations;
- Conducted focus groups with education professionals, social workers, legal representatives and parents;
- Conducted evaluation, needs assessment, outcome assessments for school districts;
- Organized leadership trainings in diverse ethnic communities;
- Represented the organization and project within a nationwide network of local programs for family strengthening and early childhood development.
Program Manager: ReWA, Seattle WA, 2000 – 2002
(Refugee Women’s Alliance, service provider for immigrant and refugee populations)
- Managed a $300K/year adult education program and supervised a staff of 10-15 teachers, social workers, mediators and family advocates from 10 countries ;
- Operational management of education programs (ESL, Citizenship, Welfare to Work, Vocational programs): redesigned process and procedures at entry, developed startegies to penetrate isolated communities; tripled attendance, obtained direct federal support for the program, and increased partnerships with other agencies and community leaders.
- Conducted regular community needs assessments, program evaluations and developed new programs.
Public Awareness Campaign Consultant: ENDA Tiers Monde, Paris France, 1995-1996
Project Manager: GRDR, Paris France, 1993 – 1995
(International NGO specialized in training leaders of grassroots organizations in developing countries, as well as immigrant community leaders in France)
- Conducted successful grant writing and fund raising for a $150 K/year project and managed project funds.
- Supervised staff members: doctors, nurses, teachers and social workers.
- Operational management of a dozen subprojects through the creation of a network regrouping 50 immigrant women’s organizations and 50 professionals.
- Organized seminars and conferences (over 150 participants)/year on: cross-cultural, social, legal, health, housing, parenting/education, and community leadership issues;
Health Care instructor and curriculum developer: GRDR, Paris, France 1990 – 1992
- Designed cross-cultural health prevention curriculum Provided health care education with groups of immigrant women living in housing projects.
- Consultant for health care providers and public awareness campaigns on AIDS prevention.
Research Assistant: FIEF, Paris France 1989 – 1990
(International Federation for Home Economics)
– Co-writer of a study on family budget and consumer choices of families on welfare.